Please in your browser's extentions.
Irrigation Association Names Winners of 2014 Awards
The has announced the winners of its 2014 awards, which recognizes individuals and organizations who have made significant contributions to the irrigation industry.
Award recipients will be recognized during the general session at the 2014 Irrigation Show & Education Conference in Phoenix.
The Awards and Honors Committee reviewed 25 nominations this year, selecting winners in all five categories.
This year’s award recipients are:
- Crawford Reid Memorial Award: James “Jim” Roberts (awarded posthumously)
- Industry Achievement Award: Richard Reinders, Reinders, Inc. (Elm Grove, Wisconsin)
- National Water & Energy Conservation Award: Southern Nevada Water Authority (Las Vegas)
- Partner of the Year: Denne Goldstein, Irrigation & Green Industry (Reseda, California)
- Person of the Year Award: Lawrence Schwankl, PhD, University of California, Agriculture and Natural Resources (Visalia, California)
The committee also reviewed candidates for the Irrigation Foundation’s annual award. This year’s recipient is:
- Excellence in Education: Michael Dukes, PhD, PE, CID, University of Florida (Gainesville, Florida)