Used construction equipment financed sales (green line) and new financed sales (blue line) were both still below the 8,000 unit per month mark for most of 2011 and 2012. Source: Equipment Data Associates
Financed construction equipment sales in December are not as high as last year.
At the end of 2012, , according to Equipment Data Associates, a division of Randall-Reilly.
In December, 6,584 new units were financed, compared to December, 2011, when 7,084 units were sold. Used financed sales were at 6,356 units, compared to 7,758 a year ago.
New financed equipment sales never broke the 8,000 unit-per-month level during 2012. However, used equipment sales went above that level twice, in January and March.
Some of the top financed equipment buyers for December included these below.
- Deness Leasing, Frankfort, Illinois, buying 125 Caterpillar skid steers and 30 Cat wheel loaders.
- TCB Equipment Leasing,Wheeling, Illinois, 30 skid steers and 30 wheel loaders, all Caterpillar.
- AAE Holding, Providence, Rhode Island, 35 Skyjack aerial lifts
- T.K. Stanley, Waynesboro, Mississippi, 15 wheel loaders, eight crawlers and seven excavators, all Komatsu, three Deere industrial tractors.
- Arizona Pipeline, Fort Worth, Texas, 21 excavators and 21 industrial tractors, all Deere.